Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Homework Bush Fort

Lately, since we have been experiencing some 70 degree weather, we have been taking some family walks, and playing outside whenever possible.  Others across the country do not have the luxury of  this type of weather especially at this time of the year. 

In my last post , I showed you pictures of my two year Savannah taking her first drive in her older sister’s Cinderella Pontiac Sunfire. Typically, it  is Sophia that is driving and Savannah that is her sole passenger.

What was Sophia up to at the time?  She was in a bush.  What do you mean in a bush?

Well, in our new neighborhood circle, we have some great neighbors. My neighbor Steve has a 10 year daughter named Bridgette. Hopefully, I spelled her name correctly. Sorry if I didn’t.  Bridgette has been a great new friend to my younger almost 7 year old Sophia.  Among other things, they share a passion for nature. 

If I had a dollar for every rock and/or plant we took out of Sophie’s pants pockets while doing laundry over the last few years, we would have this new house half paid off already. Do not get me started on various critters she has shown us. We will save that for another time.

Another one of  her other favorite things is building forts.  Give this kid a cardboard box, and she will go to town. We might have a few of those around the house especially with our recent move.  She also likes the blanket over chairs fort building technique.

In the front yard of our home, we have a huge bush. I am not really sure what type of bush it is, but I do know that is big enough for two or more kids and possibly a few adults, dogs cats, monkeys, birds, and squirrels to play inside it.  I think it  could possibly cover my Subaru Forester.   So love of nature + love of forts = “bush fort”.   Bridgette and Sophia were playing in the “bush fort” while I was watching Savannah speed around in the Sunfire last Sunday. 

Sophia has been talking about  it non-stop for the last week. 

Sophia fully understands that playtime must occur after her homework is complete.  Now, she is pushing us to let her do her homework on Monday-Wednesday-Friday after school inside this bush.  She re-assures us that there is enough light coming into the bush to allow her to see her homework.   We asked her why just Monday-Wednesday-Friday in the bush and not every weekday ?  She said  “Bridgette is only available Monday –Wednesday –Friday and the plan is that we both do our homework in the bush before playing.” 

Well, here is my photo for the day of Bridgette and Sophia in our new “homework bush fort.”

The Homework Bush Fort  by Steve Jackle -Triangle Photo Studio

If you know what type of bush this is, I am definitely interesting in hearing your comments below. Right now, it is a just a “homework bush fort.”

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP