Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Announcing Plesha's Picks

Over the last several years, I gained much of my photography knowledge through researching photography web sites/blogs,  reading photography books, and consulting with several photographers(mentors).   These various resources have been invaluable to me in my quest to improve my photography skills.  I really do appreciate all the efforts that people make to share their knowledge with the photographer community.  I know I would not have progressed in honing my skills without their support.

Here are some critical  blog resources examples(not inclusive) for my never ending learning process:

I check these resources almost daily for new information to improve my craft.  I started to realize that people running these sites are giving back to the photography community and I was mainly "on the take."(Sort of speak).   This did not seem too fair. 

So,  I am starting a section on this blog called "Plesha Picks" where I will be sharing information about various photography related resources/articles that have inspired and educated me.  This is done in hopes that you may find the same type of inspiration and education.   This is one way to show my appreciation for the effort by individuals to help keep the photography community  "alive and kicking." 

Why are you calling this section "Plesha's Picks" do you ask ? Please ask or at least sound interested in the answer.  :)

Well... it is a tribute to my late grandmother Viola Plesha.  She was definitely a no-nonsense and "slightly opinionated (ya.. right!)" ex-factory worker from Flint,Michigan with  a heart of gold.  She always had an opinion about everything.  Her straight-to-the-point no-holds-barred opinions became famous in our family so much that we started calling them "Plesha's Picks." 

So in her spirit, my  photography resource picks will be called "Plesha's  Picks."  God bless her wonderful soul!!

Please Stay tuned ....  

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP