Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Man and his Guitar

In my younger years or my BK (“Before Kids”) years,  I was known to play a little bass guitar in a couple of bands that played around the Chapel Hill, Raleigh, and Durham NC area.   I never could play quite as well as my bass idols, but my heart was definitely into music and it still is.  Besides a good photograph, there is nothing like a good song to get your emotional juices flowing and your memories glowing.  

I remember in the old days when I put a bass instructional  VHS tape in the player called “Mastering the Groove” by Randy Jackson.  He was one of my many bass idols at the time.  Yes, this is the same Randy Jackson that sits in judgment on the popular American Idol television show.  I can not help to laugh every time I hear a contestant tell him that he does not have any talent.  I guess they never heard Randy play the bass guitar or in most cases themselves sing.

When I first met Jackie almost 15 years ago,  I knew she had a brother that played drums.  He played in some heavy metal band in Tennessee at the time.  He was also a black belt in Karate.  He would never have any trouble from me.  His passion for music and karate continues to this day.  He has moved on to play multiple instruments with a broad musical scope and does some shows in the western part of the state.  Now, he is a one man band still living his musical dream. 

Here are some shots  I took of Mike Lipkin that I call  “A man and his guitar.”  Who knows you may see them sometime on promo flyer hanging on a wall or in a window of a bar or coffee shop in western North Carolina. If you do, try to have a listen for a little while and be sure to tell him that Steve sent ya!!!
 

man_and_his_guitar-2

 

man_and_his_guitar-3

man_and_his_guitar-1

man_and_his_guitar-4

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP