Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers Day – Lake Lynn

I woke up Sunday morning and glanced into the bedrooms and found all my girls were still asleep.  So I snuck  downstairs and grabbed my morning energy drink and turned on the morning news.  Soon after,  I heard some scurrying upstairs coupled with some whispers. Mommy and the kids were awake. 

Next I heard heard the scampering of little feet coming down the stairs and in a flash I had two very excited young girls in my lap giving me hugs and kisses with their handmade greeting cards and gifts in hand.  Overwhelmed by their energy,  I could not help but hang on and smile as they both wanted to share their creations with their dear old dad.  Jackie stood watching with her family famous ear-to-ear proud smile as our girls in unison provided the details of their precious artwork. 

Sophia had hand painted a ceramic “#1 Dad” desk ornament and presented her handmade card.  Savannah proudly translated her card graffiti into something I could understand.  Savannah was so proud of her card that she would not allow me to take a closer look.   Fathers Day had officially begun.

Jackie is queen of making someone’s special day a memorable one.  This day was no different.  It was quite obvious that she was involved in my special morning wake up.   After opening the remaining cards, Jackie asked me what would I like to do for my fathers day.   I told her that we should dress up the girls for a photo shoot. 

What better way to commemorate fathers day than with pictures that proved your fatherhood. :)   Man, I love my girls!

So, we gathered some outfits for the girls and headed to the local Lake Lynn Park.   This place was great! We saw some ducks, turtles, geese, and even a great Blue Heron.   All of us had a blast!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of my girls on fathers day.
 

fathersday-9

 fathersday-2  fathersday-6  

fathersday-8fathersday-3

fathersday-7

See ya soon!

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP