Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Show

Last week, my wife had a well deserved Girls night out(GNO) with her friends.  This provided me with the opportunity to spend a little time with my girls.  Well, my girls told me that I needed to stay downstairs and wait for “The Show” at 7 PM. 

In the meantime, I heard a little music coming from the closed door of their bedroom coupled with some whispers and shuffling of some feet.  I knew I needed to stay patient or I was going to ruin their surprise.  Nothing seems to make my kids happier than surprising people.

Finally, 7 pm arrived and I was ushered into the bedroom and told sit on their bed as “The Show” was about to begin.  Within minutes, both of the girls strutted out of the “dressing room”(adjacent playroom)  in their dance/gymnastics outfits. Sophie made a beeline for the clock radio/CD player and started a CD.  Savannah and Sophie got in position pausing for the music to begin.  The show was under way.  It was definitely the best choreographed  dance set I ever seen that developed by a  7 year big sister and very independent three year old.  I could not help but smile in pride. 

This past Sunday, grandpa Dennis(my dad) and grandma Ginger arrived on their way from Florida as they headed to southern Indiana to visit Great Grandma Jackle.   The plan was to have lunch together.  As soon as they arrived, the girls wanted to give them “The Show” that I was privileged enough to enjoy a few days earlier.

Here are some shots from “The Show” 

the_show-15

 

the_show-2

 

The Show

the_show-9

Now for a few shots of the audience:

Jackie and Ginger sharing an entertaining laugh together from the best seats in the house.

the_show-5

Grandpa Dennis is completely mesmerized by his grandchildren’s dance routines.

the_show-6

In the spirit of other great entertainers like Don Ho, Savannah provided a lei to her grandfather in appreciation for his attendance of the show. 

the_show-11

Apparently, Dad could not contain his excitement and affection for this present.  I am not sure exactly what this look means but I am sure it is probably good. :)

the_show-12

Here is a slideshow of the entire mini-gallery.  Tip: Slide your mouse over slideshow to see toolbars to control the show.

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP