Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, July 17, 2009

Creeper trail, Raspberry, and independence.

As mentioned in my previous post,  we went camping in Virginia this past weekend.  One of the things we did was a 17+ mile mountain bike trail called the Creeper trail.   To be honest I was a little scared about this adventure.  It has been several years since I rode a bike.  What if I could not finish ? What about the kids?  etc… 

Well, there were 14 of us in our group that either had a bike or rented one.  The plan was to rent a trailer to haul the two kids behind a bike for the ride.  I was able to talk my brother-in-law Mike who is a more experienced biker to pull the trailer on the ride.   Our group ranged in ages from 3 -60+ so if my  9 year-old nephew and my 60+ mother-in-law can do this trail,  I better suck it up and finish the ride.   The good news that the trail is for the most part a down hill ride.  Everyone was able to finish this very scenic and worthwhile ride. I highly recommend this adventure to anyone.  You rent(or bring) a bike from the shop at the top of the hill and purchase a shuttle ticket that brings you back to the shop when you are finished with the trail.  So there is no uphill biking or walking.

 



There is just something about Savannah’s confidence and playfulness  in this shot that I love.  Savannah was playing with these two old bike tires that were replaced on one of the bikes before we went on the trip.   She was strutting around them full of energy just like you would expect from a 3 year after they were pulled in a bike trailer for almost 18 miles.  

sav_ras_Blog-2

What ever happened to the “raspberry” ?  I remember when we were kids it was used all the time as a response to someone proliferating some sort of falsehood.  Well, next I hear someone performing such an act, I will definitely think of this picture and maybe even pull the “raspberry”  out again for good measure. 

sav_ras_Blog

3 year independent child with energy + state park with hiking trails = this shot.  This shot was taken in Massie Gap at end of  a hike.   

sav_ras_Blog-3

More from Grayson Highlands to come!   Till next time !

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP